What is the most basic skincare routine for beginners?
Great skin isn’t just a matter of genetics; your lifestyle habits, or maybe your unhealthy diet, in actuality, have a significant influence on your skin. How you treat your skin is such an important part of the whole routine, including, the products you use on your skin, your skincare routine at home, hydration, cleaning, and protecting it from UV rays.
Try to keep your skincare routine as simple as you can, especially if you don’t suffer from acne problems and don’t have to follow a specific skincare routine for acne. A gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen (you may want to add a toner) can be the main three basic steps in your skincare routine. Always remember, keep it simple.
How do I start a skincare routine?
These are the simplest skincare routine steps you can follow:
The perfect cleanser for your skin type must be chosen carefully. It’s either you have oily, dry, or combination skin. Clean your face gently from excess oil, makeup, dirt, and all the environmental impurities that touch your face every single day. Follow these 3 skincare routine steps to learn how to wash your face, and how to find the right cleanser.
- Wash your face twice a day, once in the morning, and once in the evening. Don’t wash it too much, because it can harm your skin, especially if you have sensible and dry skin.
- Find the perfect one ( cleanser ). The right cleanser helps to clear your skin without removing important, healthy oils.
- Don’t exfoliate your skin every day, once a week will be enough. To be able to find it, you should follow this rule.
Skin type & cleanser type:
- Oily skin: foaming squid.
- Dry & dry skin: cream or lotion.
- Sensitive: oil.
- Mature skin: melting balm.
- Micellar water is suitable for normal or oily skin.
We always consider toner as an unimportant step in our skincare routine, or ask, is a toner necessary? Or what does a toner do? You have the choice to add a toner to your skincare routine or not, but it is a really vital part of it. What does a toner exactly do to your skin?
A toner balances the PH of your skin. You can use a toner after cleansing your face and before using any other products. And you can include it either in your morning skincare routine, or your night skincare routine. Just put an acceptable amount on a cotton pad and apply it all over your face, or you can use clean hands to apply it, pour a few drops of your toner, and swipe it on.
If you don’t want to use a specific product as a toner, you can tone your skin using these ingredients instead:
- Alpha and beta hydroxy acids are used to softly exfoliate dead skin which can irritate the skin and optimize sun-damaged skin.
- To reduce fine lines, use hyaluronic acid to optimize hydration.
- Use rosewater as a toner and green tea because they have anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to soothe itchiness and reduce inflammation and redness.
- Free radicals can cause premature aging. Vitamins E and C help to protect your skin from free radicals.
The moisturizer’s primary function is to deeply hydrate and soothe your skin. It will help in keeping the skin’s protective layer operating correctly, and your skin will start to feel soft and smooth.
Picking the perfect moisturizer depending on your skin type can be a little bit tricky. For example, in your morning skincare routine, you can use a lightweight moisturizer with an SPF of 30 or more. However, for your night skincare routine, you can apply a thick night cream.
These are some tips to find your matching moisturizer:
- If you have oily skin, you must use a gel moisturizer. It’s a lightweight, water-based type that absorbs rapidly.
- For normal to combination skin types, you get to use lotion.
- Dry skin types usually need deep moisturizing, so it is better to use an oil-based cream or soft cream moisturizer.
- If you have free-acne, sensitive, or inflamed skin types, moisturize your dry skin deeply with a heavier texture.
- Sunscreen: Everyone agrees that sunscreen is such an important step in every skincare routine. Protecting your skin from damaged and harmful sun rays can save it. It is not enough or essential if you are using expensive or high-quality products in your skincare routine if you don’t protect your skin from UV rays.
The use of sunscreen on a daily and continuous basis helps to avoid the appearance of facial wrinkles and changes in appearance like melasma. By using sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every day, you are protecting your skin from future skin cancers.
A quick and useful tip: apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going out, and reapply it every two hours.
You can add any other skincare step that you want, depending on the treatment and routine that you are following for your skin type. You can, for example, add a treating serum, eye cream, a mask, and, of course, remove any other step that may be unnecessary or harmful to your skincare routine. But the three steps we mentioned above (cleansing, toning, moisturizing, and sunscreen) are so simple and important.
How can I glow up physically & mentally?
These tips and techniques to follow can really help you glow up and get flawless skin:
Never forget that you are beautiful the way you are, even if you want to be more confident and have that stunning and flawless skin, that’s totally fine.
- There is no perfect look or skin. However, when we feel good about ourselves and see our efforts in the mirror, it usually affects our social interactions as well. A good skincare routine can really help in the glow-up process.
- Drink more water. Drinking plenty of water is not only a sign of good health, but it can also help you achieve your skin objectives.
- Regular exercise is another great way to speed up your glow journey. Exercise and following a workout challenge can help you lose some weight if you want. Exercising three times a week for 30 minutes each can help trigger a great change in hormones in people who suffer from anxiety, depressive moods, or stress.
- You can always go with a natural makeup look.
- If you like to do makeup before you start your day, having a makeup routine in place can save you time, effort, and money. Our advice is to do a no-makeup look. You will look fresh, healthy, and so gorgeous.
- Change your haircut (see 10 Hairstyles for Women Over 40 to Try in 2022).
- Meditation can actually change your life forever. Read more about what meditation means, its types, techniques, and benefits. Meditation has been shown to help people reduce stress, focus better, be fully mentally and physically present while meditating, and sleep better.
A glow-up is a procedure that transforms you into a new and better person. you have the ability to do your own skincare routine at home and choose the products you want to use. just a little advice, if you have an acne problem, or your skin is too sensitive, you must ask an expert. Take care of yourself and be your first priority.